• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stock Virgin Mobile Voicemail app

How do I remove or disable the stock Virgin Mobile voice mail app and just go back to the old way of calling in and checking my voice mail or getting my own voice mail app? It is awful, I don't want to play my voicemails for the whole world to hear and the nag screens are unstoppable. I would really like to have it where I get a voicemail notification and press it and it calls the voicemail system like every other android phone i have ever used does. Is this possible without rooting?

4.2 on Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE

Sorry, that should have said 4.1.2.

And I realize I can dial my own number, but that creates a whole lot of extra clicks. I used to get a notification, click on the notification and it would call my voice mail and that was all i had to do. So you are saying and this 1 year newer and 2 version newer android phone, I now need to get the notification, then clear that notification because clicking it will pull up the android voice mail app, open my phone app, dial my own number (or long press 1) and then access voice mail? No, that's not going to cut it.

How can I get a notification, click it and go straight to regular voice mail like normal?

If I can't do that i will get a new phone and a new company (I will not buy another phone from virgin mobile a month after buying this one, sorry that will just be it with that company for me).

Upvote 0
Hahahaha. No. Tried that twice and failed. They have no idea what I'm talking about and will not help me. That's why I am asking here. Trust me I am asking other places as well.

Unfortunately for those that don't like it , visual voice mail is the direction the industry is moving. I can't remember and don't have my Victory to check, but there isn't a button to turn off the speaker mode?

Upvote 0
Unfortunately for those that don't like it , visual voice mail is the direction the industry is moving. I can't remember and don't have my Victory to check, but there isn't a button to turn off the speaker mode?

Is there? That would be awesome. It would also be awesome if I could get it to stop asking me 600 times a day to upgrade to premium subscription. The "Do not ask me this again" check box is clearly there for aesthetic purposes...

Next phone I get will be a Nexus. I will never buy a carrier phone again.

Upvote 0
Is there? That would be awesome. It would also be awesome if I could get it to stop asking me 600 times a day to upgrade to premium subscription. The "Do not ask me this again" check box is clearly there for aesthetic purposes...

Next phone I get will be a Nexus. I will never buy a carrier phone again.

I'll look at the app when I get home. You can also get a carrier phone and make sure there are AOSP based custom ROMs available

Reactions: mscheaf
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones