• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stop Bluetooth and Wi-Fi Scanning

Matty72

May 18, 2023
I have a Samsung Android phone. When I toggle Bluetooth on, it scans for Bluetooth devices and displays a dialogue with a device list. Likewise when I toggle Wi-Fi on, it scans for available networks and displays them in a dialogue. Is there a way of turning this automatic scanning off? When I toggle Bluetooth or Wi-Fi on, these popups are not required most of the time. I would rather just have auto connect to available devices / networks and otherwise connect manually.

My Samsung phone does it as well, but my Huawei phone doesn't. i think that's how the manufacturers made their particular versions of Android.

BTW Apple MacOS and iOS(on iPhones) also does it, scans and shows lists of WiFi networks and Bluetooth devices, when they're turned ON. And if any are actually available, connection is automatic.

Not really an issue for me, as I rarely turn WiFi or BT off. Also I may actually want to see the lists of WiFi networks and BT devices, especially if there's more than one known network or paired device available.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones