• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Store rep might have switched batteries. Can I tell the charge cycles on this battery?

tolas

Nov 6, 2009
So, i'm not normally a paranoid person, but something a bit weird happend when I picked up my rezound yesterday. There's that curved red walled off section behind the counter at the verizon store. After opening the box, the rep went back there. When he came out it seemed like he had taken my battery back there for some reason after opening the plastic bag. I started to think he might have switched out my battery with an older one. Perhaps one of the salespersons wanted to try a new battery.

Is there anyway to tell how many charging cycles the battery I have has gone through? I'm willing to pay for an app if that's what it takes.

Thanks.

Yes it is the red htc battery.

Then you probably don't have anything to worry about.

Even if the worst case is true, that he put a used battery in your phone, just how used could it really be?

To answer you original question, I don't believe that there is any way to tell the number of charge cycles on a battery.

How many hours are you getting on a full charge?

Upvote 0
Then you probably don't have anything to worry about.

Even if the worst case is true, that he put a used battery in your phone, just how used could it really be?

To answer you original question, I don't believe that there is any way to tell the number of charge cycles on a battery.

How many hours are you getting on a full charge?

You do know that the batteries were available since last month and some people were using them in their thunderbolts right?

And the easiest way to spot paranoid people is when they say "Im not normally a paranoid person". :p

Upvote 0
You do know that the batteries were available since last month and some people were using them in their thunderbolts right?

And the easiest way to spot paranoid people is when they say "Im not normally a paranoid person". :p

No, I was not aware of that.

But that really wouldn't change my opinion.

These days Lithium Ion batteries have an average life expectancy of about two years.

By that time most of us are looking to get a new phone anyway.

Bottom line is, there's really no way to know one way or the other, much less prove anything. And it's not likely to matter anyway.

So why worry about it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones