• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Story how I've released app and nothing happened

Veaware

Lurker
Mar 1, 2023
Hi folks!

Pretty much the title... :) I've made another attempt to develop & release Android app because I'm curious if it's still possible to hit the jackpot and get piece of cake from the market. I can tell this is tough, as Google Play Store is flooded with apps and it's difficult to get organic downloads. What's your experience guys? Is there some trick that works for you to get more traffic?

Long story short, app helps to:
Photos Map, the app that allows you to see on a map where you've taken your photos! App will help you to geotag photos, group photos by country or place, create albums, view and edit EXIF metadata and many more. With Photos Map, you can access and manage your photos from local and cloud storages.

I've made sure that I deliver quality app and focused first to give value to the users. I've also created landing page, to build trust with users. My business model is simple: app offers 2-week trial period with all its features for free, as I don't want to put ads into the app. After trial period ends, user must purchase full version in order to continue using the app.

I would be grateful if you could give me some advise and honest feedback about the app.

Link to the app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.veaware.photosmap
App's website: Photos Map - see where you've taken your photos

Sure, I wanted to be as brief possible but I can give more info. Basically, app allows to view on an interactive map where you’ve taken your photos & geotag photos without location tag. With this app you are able to connect multiple cloud accounts, like Google Drive, OneDrive or Dropbox - so it will enable you to manage all your photos from multiple sources. Single app to rule them all.

KEY FEATURES
★ See on a map where you've taken your photos
★ Geotag photos without location tag
★ Group photos by visited country, place or by album
★ Create photo albums
★ Access, organize and manage your photos from cloud, local storage or SD card
★ Rich cloud functionality - manage your Google Drive, Dropbox and Microsoft OneDrive photo
★ Beautiful, simple and fast photos gallery
★ File operations
★ View and edit EXIF metadata of your photos
★ Modern and clean design

Do you see such app useful on a daily basic? Please don't hold your horses when it comes to the feedback - I'm ready to embrace criticism and improve app along the way.

Attachments

• screenshot1-RGB.png
    screenshot1-RGB.png
    102.5 KB · Views: 63
  • screenshot2-RGB.png
    screenshot2-RGB.png
    87.6 KB · Views: 63
  • screenshot3-RGB.png
    screenshot3-RGB.png
    119.8 KB · Views: 65
  • screenshot4-RGB.png
    screenshot4-RGB.png
    56.9 KB · Views: 61
  • screenshot5-RGB.png
    screenshot5-RGB.png
    134.2 KB · Views: 62
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I wonder if you had a chance to grab your hands on this app? I would be super grateful for any feedback and improvement recommendations. :giggle:

To be frank I don't think I've got any need for your app. One of the main features seems to be "Photos Map, the app that allows you to see on a map where you've taken your photos!". The Samsung phone I use does that with the stock photo management/gallery app. And I've never wanted or had any need for more. Also if your app is using Google for data, that's not the best option because of where I am(China).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Understand, thanks Mike! Does Samsung stock photo management app support cloud storages, like Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, or only internal device storage? My app supports: internal device storage, cloud storages (mentioned above) and SD card. So that might be advantage of my solution. I wonder what kind of storages are popular in China/Asia, so maybe I can integrate app with them?

Do you miss some particular features in that kind of apps, and you would be keen to give it a try if my app offers such features?

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
Hi there. Here are a few tips on how to make your Android mobile app successful and attract a harmonious traffic:
Define your target audience: Clearly identify who your app is intended for. Understand their needs, preferences, and pain points to tailor your app's features and user experience accordingly.
User-centric design: Create an intuitive and user-friendly interface that provides a seamless and enjoyable experience. Focus on simplicity, easy navigation, and responsiveness to ensure users can effortlessly interact with your app.
Optimize performance: Optimize your app's performance by minimizing loading times, reducing app size, and optimizing memory usage. A smooth and fast app experience is crucial for user satisfaction and retention.
Regular updates and bug fixes: Continuously improve your app by releasing updates that address user feedback, fix bugs, and introduce new features.
App store optimization (ASO): Optimize your app's visibility in the Google Play Store by strategically using relevant keywords, crafting compelling descriptions, and using appealing visuals. This will help increase organic traffic and attract users searching for apps similar to yours.
Social media and online presence: Leverage social media platforms and online communities to promote your app.
I hope this helps. I wish you every success.:giggle:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones