• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stream Android to Xbox 360

aussj4link

Jan 22, 2014
I'm wondering if its possible to stream whatever is being desplayed on my android phone to an xbox so that we can watch stuff from the phone on our tv. We don't have an hdtv and buying one is waaay out of our budget at the moment. We have Netflix but the phone screen and sound is just so small and crappy lol. We only have unlimited internet on our phones and our wifi hotspot is limited to 6gb a month which Netflix would kill in no time. So we are trying to see if its possible to simply stream the phone directly to the xbox (wired or wireless, doesn't matter). I know this can be done with a computer so I'm really hoping it can be done with an Xbox. Thanks much!

Xbox 360 has a Netflix app available for it. As for streaming from a phone to the 360, I'm not entirely sure that's possible. If your TV has an HDMI port, I would possibly suggest looking into Chromecast; if not, I don't know of any other options off the top of my head

Upvote 0
I explained that the xbox Netflix app wasn't really an option as that would require my hotspot to work which is limitted to 6gb a month. I also explained that I do not have an hdtv therefor I can't go that route either.

In the video section on the xbox is an option to conect to a computer, would it be impossible to connect to the android in this way?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones