• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help stream phone to TV?

Okay, I've been searching on the net but I can't find the answer to my question. Can any of you help me please. I wish to stream my gs4 to my TV, but not by Wi-Fi. I haven't got internet at home just my phone. I download films on my phone and I want to watch them via my TV. I don't want to use cables, I just want to stream from my phone straight to my TV. In this day and age, surely there is some way of doing it.

I actually asked about something like this a couple of days ago but no one knew. I tracked this down on youtube (typed in dnla dongle on browser and this came up) when you plug this in to your TV, you switch on wifi direct in your phone and bam, instant mirroring to your TV from phone. You don't need a wifi network at home, just your phone, TV and this dongle. It will take ages before it comes to Australia, so if you are interested in this product and you can find it, please let me know where or how I could get my hands on it. It's the perfect accessory to your phone. Enjoy and don't forget about me. Thanks everyone.

Upvote 0
Tried eBay and found the ipush but it's only 720p, the rockchip is 1080p, plus the description on the ipush is very vague. I couldn't work out if it needed a Wi-Fi network at home to get it to work. If I can't find the rockchip one in the next couple of months, I might try my luck with the ipush. The reviews of the ipush said people were having trouble getting it to work with dnla or something

Upvote 0
Okay, I've been searching on the net but I can't find the answer to my question. Can any of you help me please. I wish to stream my gs4 to my TV, but not by Wi-Fi. I haven't got internet at home just my phone. I download films on my phone and I want to watch them via my TV. I don't want to use cables, I just want to stream from my phone straight to my TV. In this day and age, surely there is some way of doing it.

You have two options, cables, or wireless. You'll have to settle for one or the other even though you don't want to use both. Give us a preference and we can work out some options for you.

Upvote 0
Does your Sharp TV have HDMI input? If so you can buy one of these Samsung dongles on eBay Australia and plug the phone direct into the TV. If you have 1.4 HDMI cable the S4 can actually power the whole connection by itself. What every you do on the phone you see on the TV in HD.

White MHL2 0 TO HDTV Hdmi Adapter Cable FOR Samsung Galaxy S4 IV I9500 LTE I9505 | eBay

Yes cables - but if you don't have DLNA a smart TV on the network - the cheapest way to do it is via cable.

Upvote 0

If you have a HDMI input on your TV, this by far is the best solution. I just bought one of these and it works great. No wires.

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones-accessories/EAD-T10JDEGSTA

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones