• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Streaming online radio/Sirius connection issues

cnshough

Oct 14, 2010
While listening to online streaming OTHER THAN Pandora and Slacker, the app will work fine for a while, then it will lose connection. I then have to unlock the phone and restart the app. Sometimes it will begin playing again on it's own, though.

Sirius is especially a problem. What's strange on Sirius is that when it quits, all I have to do is hit the end/power button to wake the phone up and it will begin playing immediately without any further action needed. By immediately, I mean IMMEDIATELY!

Pandora and Slacker work flawlessly. When they lose connection, they're back up and running pretty quickly.

I switched ROMs thinking it was a problem of XTRROM but froshedyo's red glass v2 is also having these problems.

Any ideas?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones