• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help struggling with note 2

I am having difficulty getting to grips with the device. Not having an android device before.

There are icons all over, such as Chat On, I wont use this, its bloatware, whatsapp has this market area covered. But I have to see a chat on icon everytime i go to send a message!!?

help

I don't see anyone pointing this out.. but if I understand you correctly... you are complaining about Chat On popping up as an option everytime you go to send a message? You need to check the box to set default when that window pops up and then select which application you want to use. You won't see it pop up again. The only place you should see it is the App drawer.

Upvote 0
Once you get the basics sorted Liam, I would get a message app if thats what you want to customise.
I use Handcent SMS, its a pretty simple app (its got to be because my wife can use it :)) but it can be customised to what you like, there are lots of different settings from different tones for different people to changing the notification light colour for different people/groups. The 1st app that goes on my new android device is this!
There are also other sms apps out there but I've not tried them.
I haven't had an iphone but I have had the ipad2 and to be fair the experience was good, software good to work with but there were restrictions, I'm not going to go into these but I'm sure people know what I mean and jailbreaking is not my idea of a solution.
So getting this handset meant the ipad was made redundant and so I sold that and my Galaxy S2 to make back the money I spent on this and I will say I'm not in the least regretting it!
Give it some time mate, there is no need to root it just now as there will be software updates over the next year or two, then if you find you want more from the device or try other roms, go for it.
To me the Note 2 Uk sim free model is by far the best phone I've had the pleasure of owning or using, can't speak for other countries/carriers as software differs.

Upvote 0
Hey Liam,

Have patience!! You will figure it alllll out. There is so much help on the internet to help you out as well.

You can totally make the home screen the way you like it.

I'm 29 too, and people at work have ME put their computer systems for them... they are all engineers, and I am in HR... go figure... but that just means they think you know.. so pretend! haha

I am finally (I hope) receiving my Note 2 next week and I can't waitttt to play with it!

Use YouTube for your questions, I find a lotttt of stuff there and ask guys/girls here... they respond really quick. Don't let technology beat you! lol You've got the power :D

OK so this is all the motivation I had in me for the day :D

ENJOY your note :)

Upvote 0
I hv just switched to android lately and was trying to sync my contacts to note 2. I ended up with almost 5000 contacts in my new hp mostly repeated. I deleted all these contacts but i keep getting an ongong Sync message saying "Too many Contacts deletes" i clicked on it and it led to another message saying.. Delete limit exceeded. What do I want to do?

Delete the items
Undo the deletes
Do nothing for now

The message will keep appearing once in awhile. Anybody facing the same prob? Please advice. Thank u

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones