Stuck at Motorola logo

Last Updated:

1. Sprocket

Sprocket Member

I've been running on Apex 2.0 for about a month without issue. Last night the phone locked up and would not respond to any key press so I pulled the battery. Since then, powering on the phone stalls at the white motorola logo endlessly. I've tried SBF by way of RSDlite and the linux cd method, note that I've SBF'd many times before and have never run into an issue. Holding Home and powering on does not bring up recovery. Swapped with a fully charged battery with no additional luck. Any more ideas?

Advertisement
  2. emaN resU

emaN resU Well-Known Member

Have you tried pulling the sdcard and try booting without it?
    Just a suggestion. :)

Edit: When holding down home while booting, what does the phone do? If it looks like it is still on try the volume up/down button press. Another suggestion.
  3. Sprocket

Sprocket Member

Booting without the sdcard does the same thing, white motorola logo.

Holding home, same, never gets past the logo to the exclamation point. Volume button didn't affect this.
  4. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja VIP Member

wow that does seem like an issue you are having, have you tried booting without the battery? but the phone plugged into a powersource?
  5. Sprocket

Sprocket Member

When the battery is out, the phone boots up right away without any buttons being pressed. Still stuck at the Motorola logo however.

Just my luck too, it's been a couple weeks over a year since I got the phone. Don't think I can exchange it now.
  6. z0mb13m4n

z0mb13m4n Well-Known Member

Only suggestion I have, is to try a different SBF file. I'm imagining you were using the .340 SBF, try the .596 file.
  7. Sprocket

Sprocket Member

I've used both 340 and 596. The 340 I've been using for months to try out different roms without issue.
  8. Aggie12

Aggie12 Well-Known Member

Try using a different computer or a different usb port just to rule those out.
  9. Sprocket

Sprocket Member

3 different computers and two different USB cables and still stuck. Folks and the Verizon store were less than helpful as well.
  10. Aggie12

Aggie12 Well-Known Member

well damn... I ran out of options. I didn't know this could happen.
  11. z0mb13m4n

z0mb13m4n Well-Known Member

yeah, this is a first. I'm really at a loss as to what to do now.
  12. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja VIP Member

sounds like you completely bricked your dx.... i dont see how apex could have done it, you probably had an app that had malware and someone possibly got into your system files and corrupted it, not so sure, but im hoping that isnt the case