• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root stuck in bootloop after flashing gingerbread

I tried flashing the zip file posted here
How to: Get Rooted Gingerbread on DROID 2 - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

I now realize that I forgot to wipe my cache and clear data before I did. My phone is stuck in a bootloop now and I cant lap recovery, is this because bootstrap was removed when I flashed the update? What can I do, can I even SBF at this point?

Also when I try to boot into the droid recovery by holding x and the power button and then the search key, nothing happens when I hit the search key (yes im hitting the hardware button, not the touch one)

Thanks

The new gingerbread build has a different method of accessing the recovery menu. After starting with the Power + X key, then you have to press the two volumes keys at the same time (similar to pressing the search key previously). This should get you to the bootloader menu. To use the menu - that has changed too: Power button is select this time. Use volume keys or keypad arrows to navigate the menu.

That should help. Never-the-less, for whatever reason that fails, you can still SBF back to 2.3.20 stock, and then re-root from there, bootstrap, install update, and so forth. ;)

Reactions: skytbest
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones