• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Stuck in bootloop after wiping cache/dalvik

HedPlaya

Lurker
Nov 9, 2010
I have been having issues with my data connection being terrible for a few months. I tried to update my profile/prl over this same period of time but have had no luck. I am rooted and on the Synergy rom. A friend who is on the the same rom and had the same issue said he wiped his cache/dalvik and reset and it worked fine again. Of course, I tried to see if this would work and booted in recovery and wiped both and reset the phone. It then went into the bootloop.

So my question is where do I go from here? Is there a simple fix to get the phone working again or am looking at having to reflash the rom (or a new one). Any suggestions appreciated.

Hi there!
Since you are rooted I'm going to move you to the all things root section where you will get much faster results from people. :D

My suggestion to you would be to wipe dalvik cache & cache and flash the ROM over itself. I think you already wiped the data by resetting the phone so that will be gone.

Now would also be a great time to move onto a newer ROM. Synergy hasn't been updated in quite some time.

Upvote 0
also what is your radio (baseband)?

you might want to think about updating those and see if that helps as well. just make sure that you have a nandroid backup with wimax backed up as there is a very small chance that you can loose your wimax keys flashing radios.

To piggy back on this its is very important before you start updating radios that you have at least 50% battery power IPR 75% also DO NOT PULL THE BATTERY OUT not allowing the radios time to fully update can leave you with a nice shiny brick.

Upvote 0
I have never seen a cache/dalvik wipe cause the phone to not boot on a sense rom. Are you running regular synergy or synergy godmode?

Either way, the Synergy rom is extremely outdated IMHO. I would go with MikG 3.11. Tommytomatoe's Evo Classic is great. The 0.0.5 build is considered stable and the supermagic preview 0.0.9 is still in beta form but I ran it over the weekend and it's pretty dang stable.

Other roms that I've seen get great reviews are the Nitrous rom and the DigitalKarma rom. All of these are being actively developed (except for maybe MikG) and are probably better than Synergy anyway.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones