• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stuck on HTC White loading screen

Hello,

I have been trying to install a custom ROM on my HTC One M8 after the stock one crashed so many times. I was following the instructions on this website: https://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_m8

I installed the Team Win recovery fine and when I was rebooting it prompted my to install SuperSU because my phone wasn't rooted and I thought okay then (I used to be a competent ROM switcher in 2012 before I was persuaded to join the apple side and I remembered using SuperSU so thought it would be okay). TWRP seemed to hang whilst it was doing things and there is a chance that the phone ran out of battery (I bought the phone second hand and the connection is really really dodgy). Since then I haven't been able to get past the White Screen with HTC written in the middle of it.

I have tried to push the ROM I want to install using ADB and i'm having issues. I've put the zip of the ROM and GAPPS package on the SD card using an SD card reader. I decided to try and use the cyanogen recovery as I was trying to install the Cyanogen ROM thinking maybe that would help and that worked fine but I can't find the ZIP files on the SD card. I thought maybe it wasn't mounted and remembered that could be done using TWRP and so I tried to put that back on and it's not working...so now i'm stumped.

I've had a browse of the forums here and there are similar problems but they aren't exactly the same as mine...Does anybody have any ideas about what I can do? Sorry if this is excessively long (i'm new here) but I wanted to provide all of the information I could :)

Thank you in advance!
Ali :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones