• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stuck on LG screen

FreshGeek

Lurker
Mar 10, 2020
When I start my Metro PCS L70 it starts up to LG logo and stays there. If I try to reset it, power and volume buttons, I click yes to erase and reset, twice. It goes to android screen says 'erasing' and then quickly flashes to the next screen (barely long enough to read the word 'installing...') and then just goes immediately back to the LG screen and stays. The only thing the phone allows me to do is go to download mode (volume up, plug into PC) which brings me to "Update Firmware" screen and stays at 0%. Can anybody tell me what wrong with it and how I could possibly fix it? I don't believe the phone was rooted, this is how I received the phone

When I start my Metro PCS L70 it starts up to LG logo and stays there. If I try to reset it, power and volume buttons, I click yes to erase and reset, twice. It goes to android screen says 'erasing' and then quickly flashes to the next screen (barely long enough to read the word 'installing...') and then just goes immediately back to the LG screen and stays. The only thing the phone allows me to do is go to download mode (volume up, plug into PC) which brings me to "Update Firmware" screen and stays at 0%. Can anybody tell me what wrong with it and how I could possibly fix it? I don't believe the phone was rooted, this is how I received the phone
how did your phone get to this state? is your phone rooted? if you can't do a hard reset, then i'm not sure what else can be done.

Upvote 0
Since it boots into download mode there's hope. Flash the firmware (kdz) file for your device and it should boot normally.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones