• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Suddenly lost WIFI hotspot capabilty on rooted ET4g Help?

jimcraig

Jun 8, 2010
Nashville, TN
Looking for a little bit of help. I did the Odin 1 click root about a month ago on my Samsung Galaxy SII (ET4g). After root everything was cool and WIFI hotspot was working perfectly. Then the popups for the update starting coming (I didn't flash a ROM after root) and I got tired of dealing with them so I flashed a ROM. I flashed the MIUI ROM and it worked great and I was happy. Then out of nowhere I lost WIFI hotspot. I reverted back to my original backup on the Stock ROM rooted and the WIFI hotspot works fine. But those pesky popups for the update are still there. I tried flashing a new ROM, Blended, Pacman, and 1 other I cant remember, and still no WIFI hotspot.

Any ideas?

Model # SPH-D710
Android Version 4.2.2
Baseband S:D710.10s.F127
Kernal 3.0.31-CN-gc7b03b6sniper@basketbuild#1 Sun Mar 10 16:56:02 EDT 2013
Pac Version 20.1.0
AOKP Version d710_jb_mr1_build-1
CyanogenMod Version 10.1.0-RC0-d710
ParanoidAndroid Version 3.10
Build date Sun Mar 10 16:50:04 EDT 2013
Build # pac_D710-userbug 4.2.2 JDQ39 eng.sniper.20130310.164902 test keys

Thanks

Thanks for the tip. Been there done that. I doesn't work. I have even done the click download and install and pull battery when it starts to download, that didn't work either.

Again my issue is I have lost WIFI hotspot capability on any ROM. It will run, and my tablet or laptop will see it and connect. But there is no throughput on the connected device.

The only time I can get WIFI hotspot to work is when I revert back to the backup that is just the Odin root on the stock ROM (that pops up the update prompt)

Upvote 0
Thanks for the tip. Been there done that. I doesn't work. I have even done the click download and install and pull battery when it starts to download, that didn't work either.

Again my issue is I have lost WIFI hotspot capability on any ROM. It will run, and my tablet or laptop will see it and connect. But there is no throughput on the connected device.

The only time I can get WIFI hotspot to work is when I revert back to the backup that is just the Odin root on the stock ROM (that pops up the update prompt)

Not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for, but if you've been using a touchwiz based rom, this might be the fix.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2027788

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones