• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sup Sup (post from a technician)

LOL, thats not going to happen with VW. VW changes their cars every 2 years(hint: stay up on maintance which is the K services 10,20,30.....100 do the timing belt water pump and tensioner. oh and make sure you run castrol 50501 oil and better).

VW help: There is a sun roof drain recall out. With that they are asking us to take pictures of the headliners. If your headliner is stained or had leak marks from moisture, vw may assist in replacement or free interior detail.

Now about the rooted Dinc. I am learning a lot from this community. I havent had to describe details in a while. I do not have the nand accessible so yes its not fully rooted. I have removed all apk packs that I dont want and running wifi tether with no problem. Anything else I missed?

Upvote 0
VW Techs where i live somehow claim they cannot get the car on their lift because it is too low. and had a skid plate which has less bolts than the original OEM one. Other than that i love my 09 JTDI.

more on-topic note, welcome, what method did you use to root your phone? Im new to android and have no idea about these codes and what not. I wish they'd just come out with that app that just does it for you. haha i know thats taking the easy way out but i dont like having phones as bricks.

Upvote 0
not to be a jerk but I work for version and I'm a repair tech, I take phones apart and such. well every now and then I have to call customer service for customers or I call coos and well the "Verizon technicians" usually don't know the difference between a hard reset and a soft reset. just yesterday I had to tell a tech what a boot screen was. hopefully you're one of the good ones

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
PS. sorry for the lack of incorrect info on my part.

Still trying to decide what "lack of incorrect info" means:thinking::thinking:

not to be a jerk but I work for version and I'm a repair tech, I take phones apart and such. well every now and then I have to call customer service for customers or I call coos and well the "Verizon technicians" usually don't know the difference between a hard reset and a soft reset. just yesterday I had to tell a tech what a boot screen was. hopefully you're one of the good ones

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

You hope he's one of the good CAR technicians? Now i'm really confused:thinking:

Welcome to the forum, and this thread is hilarious.

I've never seen such a mistaken case of identity over a missing Z. People just not reading the entire thread... well, that's normal.

I know, my brain hurts now.:eek::eek:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones