• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Super Bowl Plans 2024

olbriar

Jun 19, 2010
Land of Oz
Super Bowl Sunday is this coming weekend. Do you have any special plans? I'm not going out or partying anywhere this year. I'll be watching the game at home. I'm thinking about fixing a big pot of chili. There is a chance of snow Sunday and it should be perfect weather to stay inside, watch football, and have some spicy chili.

I have two options for the Superbowl. If my home team is in it, no party. I'm watching the game and not having a bunch of neophytes chatting over the announcers about commercials and the half time show. If it is neutral teams, I'm open to a party and a big food spread. As of yet, I have no plans either way for this one though I'm sure to be watching it.

Upvote 0
When my son was growing up, he was always wrestling this time of year. Parents of the kids always had a huge party and eats for the Super Bowl. It was fun and crazy at times but it wasn't a great way to watch the game. I prefer the comfort of my home and the game being the center of attraction. I've never done the sports bar bowl experience. It's likely pretty crazy around here with the Chiefs having some post season luck.

Upvote 0
I remember one year my wife talked me into a Super Bowl party. There was a lady there that never watched football and I kid you not, on the first play of the game she asked, "what's a 1st down?" The questions just continued non-stop. I finally told my wife at halftime that I was leaving and I wasn't the only husband to say this. Literally half the party left at halftime. Never again I told her and that was 15 years ago.

Upvote 0
I remember one year my wife talked me into a Super Bowl party. There was a lady there that never watched football and I kid you not, on the first play of the game she asked, "what's a 1st down?" The questions just continued non-stop. I finally told my wife at halftime that I was leaving and I wasn't the only husband to say this. Literally half the party left at halftime. Never again I told her and that was 15 years ago.
QFT

Upvote 0
The Sports Bars by me use to have a $20 food extravaganza for the Super Bowl. All you can eat Hot Dogs, Wings, Rib Tips, Burgers, but now nothing other than an ad on their webpage saying, "Watch The Super Bowl Here".
Inflation probably killed this.
Not going to watch the game, instead going to have an escape room party wooo.
This sounds.....just terrible.

Upvote 0
Have chicken wings marinating in a 50-50% soy sauce & teriyaki sauce

cwings.jpg

Upvote 0
I miss Soy :)

I made certain I had all of the goodies for my one man Super Bowl party tomorrow. I have the makings for a great chili that I'll pressure cook. I have everything I need to make some guacamole and chips to snack on and I'm stocked up on brewskis. I hope for an entertaining game. I'm a huge Chiefs fan and have been since the team migrated to KC. The game will be fun to watch no matter the winner this year. Last year I expected them to win. This year I didn't see the team performing good enough to make it to the big game. A Chiefs' victory would be sweet but I like the cut of the 49ers and Brock Purdy. I just hope it's a fun watch!

Upvote 0
Have chicken wings marinating in a 50-50% soy sauce & teriyaki sauce

View attachment 171285
if you have marinated those chickens already as suggested by your photos, i would rinse them or at least pat dry the outside of the chickens. soy sauce is pretty intense and a very long marinade like that will make them that much more intense. you only want to marinate them no longer than 24 hours. with other marinades, you might be ok. but with a soy sauce marinade 4-8 hours is perfect.

as for me.....i plan on having a small group at my house for the SB. i am going to be grilling some lamb chops and ribs. i think somebody is bringing chili and nachos. we might be having some brats as well.

i am thinking with the lamb chops i will be marinating the chops in a mustard, garlic, and herbs (rosemary and thyme). i need to head out for Costco to get my proteins.

The wings I'm using are frozen and are giant sized so it takes a full 24 hours for them to thaw 100% in the refrigerator. The marinade for the wings isn't real strong. My wife makes the teriyaki sauce, basically this recipe with out the corn starch Simple Teriyaki Sauce

I have been frying the wings in the past, but this year I'm going to fry half of wings in canola oil and air fry the other half.

My son came over and we had a few beers and some chips and dip and watched some pregame. He had his own game and dinner meal going so he cut out before the game. My wife actually came into the office and watched some of the game. It looked pretty bleak for the Chiefs the first half with the 49ers owning both the offense and defensive lines. The second half was a better game from a Chiefs perspective and prove to be a fun game to watch. I enjoyed my chili and enjoyed the game and the ultimate win.

Upvote 0
That missed extra point really came back to haunt the 49ers
It cost them the game! I text a friend that has been a 9er fan for years stating just that. I'm glad the Chiefs won but to have the game hinge on a kicking play doesn't seem fair. They have a great team and Purdy played a great game. He's the real deal and will be a force in the league for some time to come.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones