[Support] Possible Samsung Galaxy Tab2 sowftware update bug!

Last Updated:

1. MrAutumn

MrAutumn New Member

Hi

I just updated my Sam G. Tab2 7' and after rebooting the thing, it got stuck mid-boot.
    The screen reads:

Android is upgrading...
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Optimising application 1 of 112

Its been at least 45min and nothing. I tried googling it but nothing came up.
    Could anyone help me out?.

PS: Don

Advertisement
  2. MrAutumn

MrAutumn New Member

I "forced booted" the tablet again. Seems to be working fine, the optimisation process is still going on, but now I have 111 apps, instead of 112. Wonder what happend..

So, apparently now I have Chrome, guess forcing me to have the crappy default "Internet" browser wasn't enough... oh, "and another software update was found"

WTF is going on?!
  3. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

Hello and welcome aboard, MrAutumn.

Sorry to hear that you are having such difficulties with your device. I would suggest doing a reset which seems to make things much better after accepting an update.

I am assuming that the device isn't rooted...right? So, you should have things back to normal after doing a reset.. If you can't get into settings - power off the device - hold down the power and volume down buttons for a second or two. You should then see steps on how to clear storage.

I hope this helps. ;)
  4. MrAutumn

MrAutumn New Member

Thanks, apparently the device is working fine, took 4 shot but at least I still have all my files...
  5. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

Cool. :)