• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SwiftKey pre market release

You'd notice the lag if you had it. It gets bad even for a slow typer.

That was my point, I have been using Swiftkey for months and haven't noticed the lag, so I guess it isn't happening on my phone. Which brings up the question "why not"? Maybe I don't have an app running that you do? Or some setting maybe? If we could figure it out in might help you and others who are experiencing the lag. :thinking:

Upvote 0
That was my point, I have been using Swiftkey for months and haven't noticed the lag, so I guess it isn't happening on my phone. Which brings up the question "why not"? Maybe I don't have an app running that you do? Or some setting maybe? If we could figure it out in might help you and others who are experiencing the lag. :thinking:

Sounds like a good plan to me. :)

Upvote 0

Lag was inconsistent, such as when replying to posts on this site. And it's happening right now to a degree. But removing other keyboards off my phone seemed to help. Updates were supposed to address it too, but it's not completely fixed.

Upvote 0
I don't like how the new one doesn't correct my punctuation automatically like going ahead and conjugating you're other then that I love it, I switch back and fourth between swiftkey and slideit
The contraction problem in words like I'm and it's was a known issue in the first paid release version but updates have cleared that up, at least for me.

Upvote 0
I don't like how the new one doesn't correct my punctuation automatically like going ahead and conjugating you're other then that I love it, I switch back and fourth between swiftkey and slideit

I'm sure what you're saying is if you type "youre" it doesn't add the apostrophe? For me it now does... perhaps you should check for an update. There have been at least two in the last week, and I may recall having the same problem earlier in the week, and then noticing recently that it now offers the correction. Same with "I'll" and "I'm".

Upvote 0
Yes, the contraction problem was very noticeable in the first paid release, but an update soon fixed that issue for me. I feel Swiftkey is the perfect keyboard for me now. Of course there is still one of my apps having problems with it. That is " OfficeSuite Pro".

Up until the most recent update of swiftkey, it wouldn't even type at all in the app. It now does enter the text fine, but the "word suggestions" are not working. They seem like they are turned off or stuck on "I, I'm, a".

I hope subsequent updates will fix this issue. Meanwhile, I can use swiftkey for everything else just fine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones