• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Swipe Gesture Fragments

jumpman8947

Lurker
Mar 21, 2015
I'm trying to make a app where its basically a book. Inside this app it has books, which has chapters, which has verses. I'm trying to decide which is the best way to implement this. I'm using fragments and swipe views,and when i swipe to the to the next page the it will change chapters. My question is since this app is going to have about a hundred books, more chapters, and many more versus, I don't think making new Fragments for each chapter would be good for the app performance. Is there a certain method or layout which suits my app best?I'm trying to make a app where its basically a book. Inside this app it has books, which has chapters, which has verses. I'm trying to decide which is the best way to implement this. I'm using fragments and swipe views,and when i swipe to the to the next page the it will change chapters. My question is since this app is going to have about a hundred books, more chapters, and many more versus, I don't think making new Fragments for each chapter would be good for the app performance. Is there a certain method or layout which suits my app best?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones