Switch to full-brightness when plugged in.Support

Last Updated:

1. cesjr02

cesjr02 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to have the screen automatically switch to full-brightness when the Evo is plugged in?

A reason for this would be for car navigation.

Advertisement
  2. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Well-Known Member

Yes. I use Locale which is $10, but Im sure there is a free way to do it too.

3. seigex

seigex Well-Known Member

if you go to Applications then Development there is an option for "screen never sleeps while charging" .. try that

4. Hi Ho

Hi Ho Active Member

I would like this as well. When I use the navigator app it does stay at full brightness while plugged in to the charger in the car. However, even with "screen never sleeps while charging" selected in the options, all other apps like music and BeyondPod allow the screen to dim dramatically to the point that it is not veiwable in daylight. It would be nice to force the screen to stay on bright at all times while charging.

5. MisterEd

MisterEd Well-Known Member

That allows the screen to dim but not go out. It doesn't stay at full brightness.

6. cesjr02

cesjr02 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When the Nav app runs the screen will stay on regardless.

7. Hi Ho

Hi Ho Active Member

I found something that seems to work. I have not had a chance to try it on the charger yet. Search for "Toggle screen timeout" in the Marketplace. All it does is toggle screen timeout on and off with one button. One that did this automatically when plugged in would be nice but this works for now.

Another one I found is KeepScreen. It let's you set timeout rules per application but it seems to have no options regarding charging which makes it useless for me.

8. brezzo

brezzo Well-Known Member

I know this might be a 'grave dig' but Tasker does the job nicely. It's a bit fiddly to start but it works!

It's $6 but there's a trial that appears to be free in the description of the app in the market.