• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Swype like keyboard for multiple languages?

mystvearn

Android Enthusiast
Jun 7, 2010
MY
Hi,

I am using SGS2 on touchwiz. The only reason why I am still using touchwiz is because Samsung's own integrated keyboard allows multiple language options as it word suggestion. I could do a English and a Bahasa Malaysia/Indonesia on the fly (mixed words). Also, the keyboard has swype like feature. I did try Swype, but it only allows one input language at a time. I choose my words based on how short it is, so that is why I tend to mix languages a lot.

I would like to root the phone, but I don't want to loose the Samsung keyboard feature. Are there any apps that can replace the Samsung keyboard?

I've used Swiftkey before to swipe in both English and Spanish without changing the layout in between. Worked great!

I have both Swiftkey and Swype (latest version from Play Store), and both are able to have mixed language input. No layout change. Swype is cheaper that Swiftkey, but Swiftkey allows 3 languages to be mixed, while Swype only allows 2. Both have a free version that is active for at least 14 days as trials.

I see. Thanks. When is google going to have the cheap app sale again:D

Upvote 0
Mystvearn

While you are waiting checkput TSwipe Keyboard. I have paid for a license for multiple devices. It has a bewildering array of customisation, but currently has Eng, Thai, Japanesem Chinese and others I can't remember, all with swipe. You can manager the words added to the database and has auto suggest for cmmon completed phrases, you can even use PC web page to type to the phone if you are on the same wifi network. Switch to other Sybmbol or Navigation keyboards for easy number entry or easy select, cut, copy & paste. Too many things to mention.

Upvote 0
I know Swype supports multiple languages. I had both US English and UK English on it for a time.

It does, but you have to switch between them (easy enough to swipe from the Swype key to the spacebar) instead of just smoothly changing on the fly. Swiftkey lets you swipe a word in one language followed immediately by a different language.

Upvote 0
It does, but you have to switch between them (easy enough to swipe from the Swype key to the spacebar) instead of just smoothly changing on the fly. Swiftkey lets you swipe a word in one language followed immediately by a different language.

On the latest version of Swype you don't need to switch. You can Swype multiple language words now like in Swiftkey. Difference being, Swiftkey can do more (3 languages at the same time).

Reactions: codesplice
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones