Swype Screen ProtectorAccessories

Last Updated:

1. coolbone

coolbone Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I know there are probably a ton of threads, but I'm probably just bad at searches.

Is there a screen protector that people prefer for Swype? I had a Phantom Skinz one and it just got shredded somehow. :-/ Bad batch maybe?

Swyping a naked screen is just awful sometimes. Either my slightly oily fingertips don't slide well over the screen or it works fine sometimes (hit or miss really).

Any suggestions for what works best with swype?

Advertisement
    jrstorm1007 likes this.
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Fyi, when I switched to SGP Steinheil Anti-Fingerprint for HTC Droid Incredible my figures glided over the keyboard effortlessly. I hope this helps.

Steven

3. DrunkDroid

DrunkDroid Well-Known Member

4. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Good question: As I mentioned online, the ooooonly difference I saw was when I looked at the screen from a veeeery acute angle, like having the phone on the table and my looking over at it from a sever angle... then it was a bit cloudy, otherwise, I don't see a difference and I love the lack of smudge. I don't see myself using any other protector on this phone or any other, for that matter, for the duration.

Steven

jrstorm1007 likes this.
  5. MTC

MTC Well-Known Member

I will second that. I have the steinheil anti fingerprint and im using swype right now to type this. I love it and like he said it looks very clear to me unless looking at an angle. When i first put it on i couldn't tell a difference at all. Your finger moves so nicely with swype and no fingerprints is always a plus

6. coolbone

coolbone Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

You guys are great, I love this forum. Thanks so much.

7. TheStoffer

TheStoffer Active Member

Is this screen protector that you're suggesting better for swype than the non-protected glass ? Most of the time the glass is fine for swype on my Fascinate, but when it's wiped clean, by my pocket for instance, it gets a bit tacky.

8. TheStoffer

TheStoffer Active Member

Turns out SwiftKey is a better keyboard anyway. No need for a special screen protector.

9. airjordan223

airjordan223 Well-Known Member

wow, sweet. thanks for that....a year later

10. TheStoffer

TheStoffer Active Member

Haha, yeah. I found this post in my subscribed list and I figured I'd throw my two cents in. Better late than never!

11. Colchicine

Colchicine Well-Known Member

Although I like the rubbery feeling of the Zagg protector, and how it is self-healing, it's not that great for Swype. My next phone I will def go with the Steinheil.