• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Swype Screen Protector

coolbone

Mar 21, 2010
Philadelphia
I know there are probably a ton of threads, but I'm probably just bad at searches.

Is there a screen protector that people prefer for Swype? I had a Phantom Skinz one and it just got shredded somehow. :-/ Bad batch maybe?

Swyping a naked screen is just awful sometimes. Either my slightly oily fingertips don't slide well over the screen or it works fine sometimes (hit or miss really).

Any suggestions for what works best with swype?

Reactions: jrstorm1007
I know there are probably a ton of threads, but I'm probably just bad at searches.

Is there a screen protector that people prefer for Swype? I had a Phantom Skinz one and it just got shredded somehow. :-/ Bad batch maybe?

Swyping a naked screen is just awful sometimes. Either my slightly oily fingertips don't slide well over the screen or it works fine sometimes (hit or miss really).

Any suggestions for what works best with swype?

Fyi, when I switched to SGP Steinheil Anti-Fingerprint for HTC Droid Incredible my figures glided over the keyboard effortlessly. I hope this helps.

Steven

Upvote 0
Steven how was the screen quality? Was the picture or color reduced in anyway?

Good question: As I mentioned online, the ooooonly difference I saw was when I looked at the screen from a veeeery acute angle, like having the phone on the table and my looking over at it from a sever angle... then it was a bit cloudy, otherwise, I don't see a difference and I love the lack of smudge. I don't see myself using any other protector on this phone or any other, for that matter, for the duration.

Steven

Reactions: jrstorm1007
Upvote 0
I will second that. I have the steinheil anti fingerprint and im using swype right now to type this. I love it and like he said it looks very clear to me unless looking at an angle. When i first put it on i couldn't tell a difference at all. Your finger moves so nicely with swype and no fingerprints is always a plus

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones