• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sygic Mobile Maps 10 GPS Navigation software

spottyelephant

Android Enthusiast
Jul 31, 2009
Hi all,

I'm selling the licence (and maps obviously!) for Sygic Navigation for the US, Canada, and Mexico for $50.

I bought it 3 weeks ago for a holiday I was going to in the States, and used it heavily every day (on my Moto Milestone). It's an excellent piece of software.

However being back in Ireland now, it's obviously useless to me. So my plan is to sell the maps I have currently, and then use that cash to buy the UK & Ireland maps from them. I've already contacted Sygic, and they've said there is no problem in transferring the licence and maps i currently hold to another owner/phone. As a matter of fact, they suggested I did it!

The navigation software is very good - it had every address and POI i ever looked for, it has a very good interface, fast startup and gps signal acquiring, loads of extra features like speed camera and traffic functions (i didn't get to test those though because being in a foreign country, I had no data connection), and it multitasks perfectly - so you can press the home button to make calls, texts, web browse etc, and the app keeps operating in the background, and will even still call out directions to you.

It seems to be compatible with most android phones - but you can check to see if your model is supported here.

Happy to give more info if anyone's interested.

Also, I'd want to use PayPal for money transfers, just to facilitate easy pay-back if we ran into any problems. Which we won't, Sygic has assured me :)

Reactions: frankbonatelli

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones