• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help sync deleted all photos and video - help!

Gickigirl

Lurker
Sep 25, 2011
Hi - I just tried to do my first sync from my HTC Desire HD with the HTC Sync software and it deleted all of my photos and videos that were on the phone, there are still some left from the sim from my old phone and they synced ok. Any way I can retrieve them?

Also, the phone software did an update tonight, could that have been the cause of the deletion, I didn't check the gallery prior to doing the syncing.

I have noticed on other posts that people are using MyPhoneExplorer instead of HTC Sync. I will use this now, although it does seem to be having trouble finding my phone!

Thanks

If the photos are on your micro SD card as I assume they are, then you probably stand a good chance of getting them back using one of the many file recovery programs that are available (and a lot of them are free). Here is the site of one I've used in the past to good effect, although I don't take any responsibility for the outcome - I suggest you read the FAQs etc. carefully. It should be ok but, as I say, it's at your own risk.

Recuva - Undelete, Unerase, File and Disk Recovery - Free Download

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones