• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sync-ing more than one phone with Gmail

dizzyhytes

Lurker
Feb 1, 2012
I have a main Android phone (Device 1) and all my contacts and calendar appointments are synced with Gmail. I always make all my changes in Device 1 or Gmail, then sync them.

However I also have a secondary phone (Device 2) and I would like to sync all my contacts and calendar entries from gmail to this device as the contacts and calendar entries on Device 2 are incomplete.

My question:
How to ensure that Gmail overrides Device 2 so that my gmail entries get downloaded onto Device 2, but Device 2 does not sync anything up to Gmail. Is there a setting where I can control what overrides what?

If there is a better way to do this, appreciate any advice.

You have to control where the entries on Device 2 gets inputted. They will only sync up to Gmail if you choose to put the entry into Gmail. For example, on my phone, whenever I enter a contact or calendar, despite setting Gmail as default, there is a selectable field where I can choose to save it to phone or Gmail. If I select phone, the entry will not send up to Gmail.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones