• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sync Issues

I have recently purchased a LG PG500. The phone works fine however I am having troubles with syncing my phone to PC suite IV. Syncing the calendar works fine but when I attempt to sync the contacts the it starts ok but the process ends prematurely telling me 'no response from the phone'. When I look at the sync contacts it has synced and imported 12 of them from my phone but obviously not all.

Can anyone help me with this issue??

1st, start the LG PC SUITE.

next.connect the phone to your pc. dont click on " turn on USB storage" yet...

next, sync your contacts on the PC suite, the program will switch the usb storage mode on its own.

lastly, when your done with the sync etc, dont forget to click on your PC -"safely remove hardware etc" BEFORE your turn off the USB storage on your fone. (it can damage your fone if u dont do it first on your PC).

P.S. PC suite almost always disconnects ur fone when doing other stuff, u can repeat the steps above or go back to sync contacts, sync again then cancel so PC suite finds ur fone again.. its a common problem with my fone as well, hope they fix this in the update.

Upvote 0
1st, start the LG PC SUITE.

next.connect the phone to your pc. dont click on " turn on USB storage" yet...

next, sync your contacts on the PC suite, the program will switch the usb storage mode on its own.

lastly, when your done with the sync etc, dont forget to click on your PC -"safely remove hardware etc" BEFORE your turn off the USB storage on your fone. (it can damage your fone if u dont do it first on your PC).

P.S. PC suite almost always disconnects ur fone when doing other stuff, u can repeat the steps above or go back to sync contacts, sync again then cancel so PC suite finds ur fone again.. its a common problem with my fone as well, hope they fix this in the update.

Thanks for the suggestion. This was similar to how I had already tried it except that previously plugged the phone in before turning on PC suite.
Unfortunately this change did not alleviate the problem. I notice that you said the USB storage mode will come on automatically. When I try to sync I don't turn it on and it DOES NOT turn on itself. This may be the reason why it tells me my phone is not responding.

I should add that syncing other things like photos, text messaegs etc. works fine...
Any other ideas?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones