• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Synching Outlook Tasks and Notes

Tried NitroDesk on HTC Incredible and it didn't work for me, for some reason it did not sync my notes at all.

it works fine for me on my desire. you have to follow the instructions to the letter. i've done it almost a dozen times since and i still don't understand what i'm doing.

it goes something like this (i think):

1) run the notes sync app on the phone. i'm guessing that this places a copy of your notes somewhere on the sd card.
2) connect to your pc using usb mode - i think this copies across the data to your pc
3) run the sync program on your pc whilst outlook is NOT running (they forgot to mention this part) which seems to finally update the notes in outlook.

i'm using outlook 2003 by the way ...

Upvote 0
Downloaded Touchdown today. Really really pleased with how it works.

Now my contacts, calendar and tasks are all sync'd (finally) with my Exchange Outlook server. 20 bucks but really worth it to me.

So far, would HIGHLY recommend it. easiest way to find is just search "touchdown" in apps marketplate on the device. DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE KEY FIRST.... you have got to get the software installed.

Other great feature - was able to enter a default custom signature. Also asks if you want to delete e-mails,and has option to not delete e-mails from server.

:D

Upvote 0
I've investigated both of these options but they're not really hitting the nail on the head for what i need. In it's simplest form i just a suitable app that sync's with my Outlook tasks and displays them nicely on my phone. I don't want to have to install any new software on my PC as i just want to sync with the Tasks that are already in Outlook.

I really didin't expect this requirement to be so hard to fulfill but perhaps i've stumbled on a little gap in the market.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones