• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Syncing contacts Birthdays with Calendar

origdav

May 20, 2010
Hi,

I've searched the forums but can't find a working solution. I want to sync the Birthdays already saved to my contacts to my Calendar.

I don't use Gmail other than for the Marketplace and I don't have Facebook sync'd.

Ideally I'd have reminders on the day of the Birthday.

Is this possible? If not can anyone suggest an app?

Thanks

have you tried ebobirthday from the market ?
Works like a charm. Thing I've noticed:

- Only after going into the contact, selecting the Birthday field then saving and exiting the contact, did EboBirthday recognise the Birthdays
- A quote off their site - "Remember that the calendar integration is a hack since there is no official support for it. However, it does work."

All my Birthday dates have 2009 as the year; one question - I've turned off 'Show Upcoming Age' and now instead of getting a (1) after the date, there's a (0) for all but 4 contacts. These contacts have already had a Birthday this year and now have (1) after their date, previously it said , "(2 in 2011)" with Show Upcoming Age turned on.

Any ideas how to get it to show (0) for everyone?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones