• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Syncing contacts with HTC Sync

th1rst

Lurker
Jul 26, 2009
I have a question about HTC Sync I hope somebody can answer. Or rather confirm what I think.

Am I correct in saying that you can't sync google contacts with HTC sync? That you can only sync the ones labeled as Phone? I have a rogers htc android phone and I have been testing the sync functionality of HTC Sync. From what I can tell, HTC sync will only sync contacts created as phone contacts with outlook/windows address book. And will not sync the google contacts to outlook. Is this because the google contacts are saved on the gmail servers and are already synced anyway? Does anybody know of a way to sync google contacts through HTC Sync? Or am I right in assuming that it cannot be done? If anybody else has any info on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones