Syncing Latitude information

Last Updated:

1. galapogos

galapogos Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

How often does Latitude sync with the current location on my google maps? I was testing it out by enabling GPS, and while I could see myself moving in real time on my google maps, my friends who have me on latitude didn't have my real time location info. I've already set the privacy options to automatically detect my location.

Advertisement
  2. DaWeav

DaWeav Well-Known Member

Oohhh, great question, I hope you get some answers.

3. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

I've found that when I'm moving others can see the update within minutes but when I'm not moving it doesn't update for hours.

4. bonipie

bonipie Member

If you're not moving, probably don't need to be updating your location. I'm not moving right now, I don't have Maps running, but GPS is running. My location updated 8 minutes ago. I'm still not moving, opened Maps, and updated instantly. Just my experience. Boni

5. bonipie

bonipie Member

More testing on this. This is really hard to test. I'm driving or walking around and can see the realtime updates on my Droid. Hubby at home will watch computer for a bit (tiny bit), then go do something else, go back, update... I would like to see updates realtime, just like you see on the Droid! I walk 4 mph. If I need help, I could be 1/2 or 1 mile away from my last position if it is 7-15 minutes apart. I think Latitude is amazingly important-the main reason I feel the Droid! is worth the $30 a month. Now, I can walk and my husband knows where I am (I walk 5 miles a day). We actually had the capability with Ham Radio, but were limited by signal availability and your position was broadcast to the world.

I have a couple of other questions about Latitude. Since this is beta, is there an active forum on this where they are discussing issues or questions?

Boni

6. galapogos

galapogos Active Member This Topic's Starter

seems like there's no clear answer for this...

7. DarkTLRrider

DarkTLRrider Well-Known Member

I have found if you click my location button it will update your location it takes about 10 minutes or so to update the server so other latitude users can see the update. If you leave maps open and move it will update on your phone every few minutes, but have not really found how often the server updates a moving target.