• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Syncing Latitude information

galapogos

Feb 2, 2010
Hi,

How often does Latitude sync with the current location on my google maps? I was testing it out by enabling GPS, and while I could see myself moving in real time on my google maps, my friends who have me on latitude didn't have my real time location info. I've already set the privacy options to automatically detect my location.

More testing on this. This is really hard to test. I'm driving or walking around and can see the realtime updates on my Droid. Hubby at home will watch computer for a bit (tiny bit), then go do something else, go back, update... I would like to see updates realtime, just like you see on the Droid! I walk 4 mph. If I need help, I could be 1/2 or 1 mile away from my last position if it is 7-15 minutes apart. I think Latitude is amazingly important-the main reason I feel the Droid! is worth the $30 a month. Now, I can walk and my husband knows where I am (I walk 5 miles a day). We actually had the capability with Ham Radio, but were limited by signal availability and your position was broadcast to the world.

I have a couple of other questions about Latitude. Since this is beta, is there an active forum on this where they are discussing issues or questions?

Boni

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones