• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Syncing with Google - duplicate entries

I just changed from syncing my HTC ONE V with Outlook on my laptop (manually using cord) to syncing with Google apps. Several issues have arisen. I have read the user guide, but it doesn't help.

In the calendar function:
1. Does All calendars & pc sync have anything to do with syncing with Google apps? (should they every be checked?)
2. is the calendar app with the red and white #15 shortcut the only calendar app on the phone?
3. When only the Google Task and Google email are checked, 'Multi-calendar' appears under 'Calendar' in the top left corner. Since I only sync with my one Google calendar (I think!), what does 'multi-calendar' mean?
4. When 'people' is checked, where does it sync on my laptop?
5. Can I force a sync so my phone calendar is up to date NOW?

Sorry for the basic questions, but I just can't find the answers I need. Thanks in advance.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones