• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

System Update 12.0.A.2.245

GingerRob

May 24, 2011
Northumberland
Currently installing this update. Approx 100mb download.
Phone was bought through O2.

Stated updates takes 13 minutes to install.

Will update when done.

Update.
Still 4.1.2.
Included a NFC firmware update.
Quick settings is on 2 rows (not sure if this is new as this is my daughters phone)
Only took about 5 mins to update.

Anyone updated the xperia SP with new 12.0.A.2.254 update? Please can give any noticeable changes in the update....!!!

My phone received the update only recently. The one major difference I now have is that the default Network Mode in Mobile Network Settings has now changed to 4G(preferred).

The phone does now occasionally (and I do mean VERY occasionally) show a 4G signal is being received.

Upvote 0
I like the update (4GEE-UK). Was almost 500mb download and has helped my phone in a lot of ways. Memory management is tonnes better, smoother running of apps, Ui changes include new themes (i miss the dark menu theme from my old android version - want my black backed menu with white text back), battery lasts longer. Doesn't overheat anymore, screen seems clearer, screen responds to touch better and quite a bit more. I just wish there was a theme with dark menus lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones