• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

T-Mobile getting rich from the users on their service plans

BRAINZ2013

Extreme Android User
Feb 21, 2012
Park Ave., HELL
Looks like T-Mobile has been taking a little to much from the customers that love the service T-Mobile has. Just check it out for yourself ,

http://m.bizjournals.com/atlanta/ne...e-over-bogus-charges-on-customers.html?r=full

And think of you giving up your RIGHTS to getting a attorney to help solve the matters back in the day. They have had the upper hand and Made many people MAD at them from this thanks to the fcc

In nearly 17 years with T-Mobile, I've never had a billing problem of any kind, nor has anyone said to me they have a bogus bill. Of course that doesn't mean it never happened, just not in my experience. I don't doubt people got shafted.

But if anyone thinks T-Mobile is the only guilty party, I have a slightly used bridge you may be interested in. When we had Verizon at work VZ was constantly trying to slip in goofy services and bogus charges. The feds are just making an example out of T-Mobile.

Upvote 0
Hmmmm you ask was it a person that had it yes I was and that's how I found out that you have no rights when you apply your signature to the line of contract. :eek: I was so shocked to see and hear this so I had a friend that's a lawyer told me Dont pay them it will carry to collections and at that time I seen it that bill went from 900.00 to 3000.00 in just a year . it stands now at 7,000.00 . I see how they getting rich and glad I didn't pay it off then . but as my buddy said if you didn't pay the bill how is it you have access to the data and calling path to their carrier service . why didn't they shut you down yet . :eek::D

Upvote 0
Checked my bill and past bill. No premium charges of any kind although the charges for my lines tend to jump around for some reason. Like last month they charged my third line $28 and then this month my third line was $8.50 and my second line was charged 19.50. Not sure what is going on there but it all equals out in the end.

Upvote 0
what is the point of this thread?

Its a good point if your T-Mobile to check your bill cause you may have been charged for SMS ringtones or wall papers even if you opted out . but you maybe a baller balling and a shot caller . hey I need my bill paid you got me . you may have money to burn a lot of us don't have it like you. But justREAD THE URL AND YOU WILL SEE WHAT T-MOBILE IS DOING

Upvote 0
Here's tmobile's link http://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news/doing-right-by-consumers.htm
It is true, that back in 2009 thru 2013, all of the big carriers in the wireless industry, including T-Mobile, began carrying what became known as the Premium SMS services. We were all billing for these services on behalf of the content providers who were responsible for obtaining the customers

Upvote 0
I just got my postcard with a link to T-Mobile Premium SMS Refund Program (and T-Mobile Premium SMS Refund Program if I happened to hablo espanol).

It looks like I have two choices:

* Request a free accounting of all the Premium Text Messages I've received since July 2010

or

* Take a $40 flat payment, regardless of my Premium Text Message exposure.

Here's the thing... I don't recall ever paying for Premium Text Messages. Maybe one of the kids did and I didn't notice the charge. But I'm pretty sure I haven't been hit with a full $40 in charges.

Bottom line seems to be, T-Mobile is giving me $40 bucks because that's easier than doing the research. I'm ok with that. Happy to be of service, Ms. Magenta!

Here are the statements they ask you to verify:

Please review the statements below, and check the boxes only if the statements apply to you. If you cannot check all four boxes, do not submit a Claim Form because you are not eligible for a refund under this program.

[ ] I paid for a third-party Premium Text Message charge(s) through my T-Mobile account; and

[ ] The third-party Premium Text Message charge(s) were billed to my account without authorization; and

[ ] I did not use the service associated with what I now assert are unauthorized Premium Text Message charges; and

[ ] I have not been reimbursed for the third-party charge(s) or otherwise resolved any dispute regarding such charge(s) (for example, as part of a settlement in a lawsuit or a refund already received from T-Mobile, the third-party Premium Text Message provider, or another party).

Since they sent me a notice, I'm assuming the answer to the first one is yes. And the rest would be yes automatically. I didn't call 900 numbers back in the day, either. ;)

Speaking of which... http://www.buzzfeed.com/katienotopoulos/the-30-weirdest-1-900-numbers-from-the-80s (buzzfeed.com)

Reactions: BRAINZ2013
Upvote 0
I see they passing it backout so they know most of the customers that left will be back now that they showing some heart and caring for us the customers which is nice . had to laugh I haven't seen nor heard of a 900 number in a while . anyone still use 900 numbers :eek::D:what::)

Actually, *nobody* uses 900 numbers any more - they were abused so badly that it looks like the US regulators phased them out. Unfortunately, because of the time I spent Googling "900 number" to learn that detail, all the web pages I visited last night had ads for Russian dating services. :/

Upvote 0
Wouldn't this be reflected on the bill? Is the bill a per item listing? Mine is so i easily spot if my carrier is trying to put one over me

Nobody can fool me in cc billing too. Each time my cc got charged, I get sms within sec on anything above $1. Same with my checking acct. I get immediate notification.

Its good for tracking where people are too. I also install Cerberus app on phones. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones