• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [T-Mobile] My camera is taking really dark pictures, help please?

AM1017

Lurker
Oct 15, 2012
So I just received my Samsung Galaxy S3 last week, and I noticed that the lighting in the pictures always come out funny. Sometimes too dark, sometimes yellowish, and they come out very different than what they look like when you're taking pictures. In the camera they look amazing, but then in the gallery they look dark, blurry, sometimes yellow, etc. Can someone help me with this? I hate to think that I spent so much money on a phone with a crappy camera...is there an update or some settings i can change? any advice would help, thanks.

So I just received my Samsung Galaxy S3 last week, and I noticed that the lighting in the pictures always come out funny. Sometimes too dark, sometimes yellowish, and they come out very different than what they look like when you're taking pictures. In the camera they look amazing, but then in the gallery they look dark, blurry, sometimes yellow, etc. Can someone help me with this? I hate to think that I spent so much money on a phone with a crappy camera...is there an update or some settings i can change? any advice would help, thanks.

The first thing I'd try is resetting the camera settings to default (open the camera, touch the gear icon in the lower left corner, scroll all the way to the bottom to "reset"). If you still have issues afterthat, it could be a hardware issue- I've gotten nothing but good pictures so far from mine, although it did take me a while to figure out I had to change the flash setting to "auto", it was set to off.

Hope that helps!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones