• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

T-Mobile or Sprint?

IzzyDez

Oct 18, 2011
CT
Hi all. So for a while I have been on a family plan with Sprint on my Motorola Photon (still feel betrayed for the change of mind on ics) and will be venturing into paying for myself as I head into my sophomore year of college.

The main question I have right now is which unlimited 4g service I should get (between Sprint and T-Mobile)?
I live in Hartford and then live on campus in Storrs CT. Sprint's 4g lte is nowhere to be seen in most of CT so it worries me that I could be wasting money on a service I won't be able to make full use of.
On the other hand, T-Mobile DOES have 4g lte out in CT, both in Hartford and in the Storrs area. The problem here is, I don't have credit yet so I will be paying quite the startup cost of around $300 for the device compared to Sprint where it is $99.

So which service would you guys recommend me getting? Sorry for the long post I just like my research and want to make the best decision with my money.

Well, you have already done research into coverage - which is most important.

How do you use your phone? If you don't talk much and can use wifi for major downloads, t-mobile has a $30/month plan that gives you 100 minutes, unlimited text and unlimited data (with the first 5gb at 4g speed).

Also, with t-mobile there is a wider variety of phones available as any unlocked GSM with the right data frequencies can work on t-mobile.

Upvote 0
You can consider me a power user as I am always browsing, streaming music and videos, as well as constantly trying out new apps. Also I'm in college so I constantly do calls with friends, professors, and counselors as well.

Another question if I may. The Moto X is looking really good and I am constantly comparing it with the HTC One. I just have a sort of trust issue with motorola after not following through with their plan to update the MoPho to Ics for a year, which happened a year ago. Do you think they might pull a stunt like that again?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones