• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Tablet only shows coloured balls

Gimcrack3

Lurker
Dec 11, 2013
My Nexus 7 (2012) has been a nightmare since lollipop update...oh how I wish I had stuck with KitKat. My tablet froze for the umpteenth time. I switched it off as I have done in the past. Now I only have the coloured balls dancing around. Have tried many options but the only one that has produced a result is by holding in both on/off button and volume at same time for a number of seconds. I then can see the Droid wanting instruction....but can press nothing that works. The only change I made in the last few days was to add a security number to open. i obviously know it but security is written in red beside my robot. Have I been locked out my own tablet?
Any solutions will be gratefully received as have spent a whole evening in absolute exasperation as I hate to admit defeat.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones