• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tablet suitable for special needs

Hi there wonderful people, I currently work with a student with Down's syndrome and have come to the conclusion that a tablet might be suitable to his needs. I had the idea after seeing the Johhny be good app and its potential in helping promote appropriate and proper behavior. Not to mention the ability to reward behaviour with films and music on the tablet rather than sweets or food as a reward. I've done a cursory search and those manufactured for kids seem a bit baby-fied for a teenage lad. I'm looking for robust design and google play access ideally as the essentials. Any tips would be appreciated

Many thanks

I had a "budget" tablet at first, and it did not stream movies well, at all. not to mention, it would only load some apps, not user friendly at all. Now I have a Samsung Tab 2, and it's functionality is exceptional. I can stream movies, use all the apps in the app store, customize it without it stalling, freezing, etc. I love it, and my kids can use it without problems, as well. Not the cheapest, but inexpensive for the usability.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones