• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tablet that supports mirroring to TV?

blarelli

Mar 26, 2011
Hey guys, I'm looking at picking up a new TV and potentially getting a new tablet that can double as a sort of tv box. I don't know a heck of a lot about that side of android, so if anybody wants to spell out what I need from a tablet as well as what I need from a TV it would be appreciated.

The TV should have HDMI ports, LAN/ WiFi and 1080p or better resolution.

Mirroring to TV (cable/WiFi):
Some tablets have a separate HDMI output for a cable connection.
Most tablets have their microUSB socket with MHL output, ready for a MHL to HDMI adapter for a cable connetion.
Nexus 7 tablet can connect via WiFi, using a HTC Media Link HD, a dongle plugged in the TV's HDMI.
Some Samsung tablets can connect via WiFi to the TV, using Samsung AllShare Cast, a device similar to the HTC dongle.

Your TV should have also DLNA ability for direct connect via WiFi without cable or dongle. DLNA does't mirroring but it does steaming media.

Harry

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones