• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tales of Pocoro (Puzzle Game)

LevelUp Studio posted a game suggestion on their Twitter feed for Tales of Pocoro. I like puzzle games so I gave it a shot and really like it. It is now one of my favorite games on my phone.

Supports touch controls and hardware controls. I've been playing using the Droids D-pad.

Link to developers game page showing a photo of how it looks.

Check it out on the Market

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Hey i know this game ! it's mine :)

I put a screenshot to make the thread a little more fancy :

gallery_2717_42_458476.png

If you liked Pocoro, you'll love Tales of Pocoro.
More levels, better gfx, better music and a lot less bugs !

Give it a try , 15 minutes is far enough to know if you'll like it.
No extra downloads after installation.
It's lightweight , only 3Mo, and runs on almost any device ( Android 1.6+ ).

Tell me what do you think of it, there's always room for improvement.

Here's the qrcode :
qrcode.png

Here's the official website : Curved Cat Games

And a youtube video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pvsJm4pSTI

The music is an exclusive work from aAirial, a great downtempo IDM composer.

I hope you'll like playing it as much as i did like coding it :)

Upvote 0
Hi! This game looks interesting, both the graphics and the music look appealing, I'll probably buy it. One question before I lay down my 3 bux, what control options are there in this game? Call me weird, but I don't really like having my huge sausage fingers between my eyes and the character. :p

I've got a G2/DesireZ, so either the trackpad or the hard keyboard would work. Even just a swiping system where the character goes in the direction you swipe on the screen, regardless of where you touch. Can anyone confirm what this supports? Thanks!

Upvote 0
Fun game, thanks! :D

The trackpad works great! The keyboard controls are wonky, though; It's RDFG, with D as down, F as left, G as right, and R as up. Any chance of including WAZS for us qwerty users in the next update? :)

I've played through more than half the easy levels already, unlocked a couple new characters; I like that you can change your character on the fly. The environments are pretty, too. I keep distracting myself, panning around and clicking on people or signs hoping something will happen. You should make it so that if you tap on a person, they say "hi" or give you a game tip or something! Well, maybe make it a rare thing so that it doesn't always pop up while you're trying to play, but you get the idea. Heck, maybe you've already included it and I just haven't found it yet, I'll keep looking.

Also, maybe turn down the volume on some of the sound effects... I don't want to turn them off, but the loud steam "PSSSHH!!!" effect is kind of jarring, especially with the nice calm music. Also, the little arrows that appear to show you which way you can go, they sometimes cover other towers (like the color of a teleporter) depending on your height. Not sure what can be done about that, though... if you make them much smaller, you won't be able to see them. :(

But yeah, all in all there is a lot to like about this game! The gameplay is strong, the music is nice, and the graphics are cute. Normally I hate loading screens, but that cat makes me smile. Excuse me, I need to go put off work and go play it some more. :D

Upvote 0
Wow :) that's a really nice review !

Thank you !

As you asked, I'll change things in the next release:
-usual keyboard keys for qwerty and azerty
-a bit of interactions with living beings
-lower down the steam sound that makes ears bleed

For the arrows, yeah it's a tricky one. I've not figured out how to solve this. The only workaround i found is to hide them when you move the camera., Tricky one :)

Thank you for the loading screen; it has 2 goals. The first is to make people with a really slow device wait ( the parsing of levels can be long ), the second is to calm down things so people are not rushing around the levels, breaking down the peacefulness of the game.

Glad you liked it, it's the best possible reward for me :)

Reactions: justme8800
Upvote 0
Dude! That was fast. Thanks!

The sound is much better now, the steam effect fits right in with the music.

Unfortunately since the G2 has an offset keyboard, even WASD is unintuitive for me... but for Droid owners that should work great. (Pretty much the only one that would work for me is WAZS, and I don't know of any other phones set up that way, so it probably isn't worth the effort). Don't worry about it, I like using the trackpad just fine. :)

BTW the game is great, I'm almost halfway through the normal set by now. I showed it to a friend of mine, and he wouldn't give me my phone back. XD

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones