• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help talk on phone thru computer VIA bluethoot

Its possible, but it depends with the software installed on your computer. If it has an option to allow you to make calls and use your phone's internet connection, then it can make and receive the call, but you will need to change the default recording device to and external mic(earphone or headset). Some bluetooth devices don't allow for calls.

Upvote 0
Its possible, but it depends with the software installed on your computer. If it has an option to allow you to make calls and use your phone's internet connection, then it can make and receive the call, but you will need to change the default recording device to and external mic(earphone or headset). Some bluetooth devices don't allow for calls.
Do you know the name of a software that can do that?

Upvote 0
What PC are you using? what is your bluetooth network manufacturer? You can check on your computer(not adapter) manufacturer's website for an update that would enable this to be possible. At the moment, can you link to your computer via bluetooth?
I am using a custom built windows 8.1. i am going to upgrade to windows 10 later but have system files errors. Microsoft did create my bluetooth adapter

EDIT: i did download the driver installer software from microsoft and it said that my bluethoot unit was configured.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones