• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Task killer, its working?

dylan88

Android Expert
Mar 25, 2010
Tampa, FL
I wasnt very happy with my battery life when I first got my phone, so i deleted the task killer, and i was able to go all day no problem. but i wanted to test it again, and running ATK, i have gone up to this time from 7 in the morning, and i am at 60%. thats even better than before.
/kinda useless thread

I have atk installed and also installed the overclock widget and set my clock speed all the way down when the screen is off, and between 500 and 1ghz when the screen is on.. I unplugged my phone this morning at 8am, right now it is 633pm and I have 72 percent left. I think both these things help with battery life when you are not actually using your phone.

Today I took several 2-3 minute videos, several texts, emails, no web browsing, 2 phone calls, moved some things around, downloaded some apps, and watched a few minutes of video.. Not TOO labor intensive on the phone, but still 72 percent is pretty good for it being off the charger all day.

Upvote 0
I have atk installed and also installed the overclock widget and set my clock speed all the way down when the screen is off, and between 500 and 1ghz when the screen is on.. I unplugged my phone this morning at 8am, right now it is 633pm and I have 72 percent left. I think both these things help with battery life when you are not actually using your phone.

Today I took several 2-3 minute videos, several texts, emails, no web browsing, 2 phone calls, moved some things around, downloaded some apps, and watched a few minutes of video.. Not TOO labor intensive on the phone, but still 72 percent is pretty good for it being off the charger all day.
overclock widget? ill look into that. my idle is 35% right now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones