• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Task Manager

bby31288

Sep 28, 2010
Quick question. On my fascinate there was a plain ol task manager stock. Does the Ally have one? If not, do you have to go back, back, back to close out an application? Or can you just hit the home screen? I know leaving the apps open causes major battery loss on the fascinate.

But I always found the advance task killer, killed my battery more quickly.

Quick question. On my fascinate there was a plain ol task manager stock. Does the Ally have one? If not, do you have to go back, back, back to close out an application? Or can you just hit the home screen? I know leaving the apps open causes major battery loss on the fascinate.

But I always found the advance task killer, killed my battery more quickly.

Android doesn't handle Apps (programs) the way Windows does. It is generally recommended that you don't need / shouldn't use a task killer with Android. Though I admit Verizon installed Advanced Task Killer on my phone when I bought it and it took a while to get use to the idea I didn't need it and finally uninstalled it.

Upvote 0
Hi. I'm new this whole forum thing and didn't know how to start my own topic and question for/about Task Manager on LG Ally. Hope you don't mind if I use this thread.

I was going through the Task Manager and accidentally Hit the stop button on messaging. Now all of my text messages have been deleted. I was wondering and hoping if anyone knew of a way to restore all the message back to my device.

Upvote 0
Android doesn't handle Apps (programs) the way Windows does. It is generally recommended that you don't need / shouldn't use a task killer with Android. Though I admit Verizon installed Advanced Task Killer on my phone when I bought it and it took a while to get use to the idea I didn't need it and finally uninstalled it.

I have read reports that the Task Killer will help prolong the battery charge. I am a new smart phone user and am anxious to get rid of battery draining data. Thank you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones