• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Task Managers make a difference! ive tested it

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjjr2531

Android Enthusiast
Sep 23, 2009
dallas,tx
Since ive bought the hero i have not installed a task manager...and i would see it getting a little more laggy or choppy...so i decided to install task killer...wallah, my phone is back to being the way it was when i first got it....i know the rumors and all, but i do think task manager is the way to go...to go from 90mp free to 180mb, its a no brainer....anyways, this is just my 2 sense. good night

Since ive bought the hero i have not installed a task manager...and i would see it getting a little more laggy or choppy...so i decided to install task killer...wallah, my phone is back to being the way it was when i first got it....i know the rumors and all, but i do think task manager is the way to go...to go from 90mp free to 180mb, its a no brainer....anyways, this is just my 2 sense. good night

Umm you bought a Hero or an Evo? this is the Evo forum

Upvote 0
I have evo. I'm a smart guy that can tel the difference with lag. I've read ask the articles and actually went without one for a month. With one now I see an imidiate difference...just sharing that's all. Oh well...
Don't take it personal, I do alot of reading but barely any posting at times because there seems while the majority of the members are very nice helpful people.. and mature enough to just pass on comments they don't think fit the thread, There is still too many that has to grand stand and be really rude and condecending.. so you are not alone there. I see it over and over alot of threads.

Upvote 0
I have evo. I'm a smart guy that can tel the difference with lag. I've read ask the articles and actually went without one for a month. With one now I see an imidiate difference...just sharing that's all. Oh well...

While they free up RAM, they often do more harm than good, unless your an "advanced" user, and know what not to kill, and what to kill. Which still, can do more harm than good in the long run.

Upvote 0
Uhh... I've read proof and enough stories, and have tried one myself, to know that they make your phone all buggy.

I wouldn't trust the task manager to work for too long.

Just my opinion based on what I've experienced since going Android and using a task killer. It all depends on what you kill. For example, you should NEVER kill any of the "Internal System Processes". Just about all of the other stuff, such as, the bluetooth file sharer, FM Radio, ANY programs that you've downloaded and installed yourself, can be killed. And the list goes on and on. You just have to be careful WHAT you kill. I've had nothing but good results using a task killer to keep my EVO flowing pretty good. Again, just my experience, and my opinion.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones