• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tasker Profile - Help needed

Thanks for the replies.

I have an Android head unit in my car & i am trying to sort out how to initiate phone calls by voice activation & also initiate SMS messages controlled by voice input. The head unit is connected by BT to my S6, so I am looking for voice control for calls & SMS on the phone via a voice input from the head unit.

Upvote 0
Do you want to be doing a key-press on your BT head unit, or do you want it to "always listen"?
I'd strongly advise against the second anyway, due to battery consumption etc.

If you can do a key-press, then possibly you can connect this to launch a task with Tasker, or even firing Google Now to make the call for you.

What does a key/long key press do with your head unit?

Upvote 0
I have a task on my phone to initiate a call using Autocontacts, but only a specific contact what i put in the configuration, so help needed with a variable of some sort. Autoremote is set up on head unit & phone & when i test it, the head unit sends a message to the phone which flashes up in a notification, but does not initiate the call task on the phone

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones