• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Taskiller widget has a bug, prevents return to Home

argie

Lurker
Jul 13, 2009
Whenever Taskiller shows 5 apps open, or the X that means more than 5, touching the widget kills the applications... but the phone doesn't come back to the Home screen.

I can long touch the Home button, and I get a window that shows the open applications (meaning, I suppose, that Taskiller hasn't killed them yet). I can go to any of them, but no other. The only solution is to reboot the phone.

I could not find a web site for the maker of Taskiller to tell him.

George

On my Galaxy, TasKiller is working fine. I suppose you're using the newest version (I can recommend aTrackDog to help find out).

I can long touch the Home button, and I get a window that shows the open applications (meaning, I suppose, that Taskiller hasn't killed them yet).
By the way, this is not accurate. The long-press lists the latest used applications -- even if they are not running any more.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones