• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Teach me!

Hunter5

Android Enthusiast
Oct 3, 2012
Orlando, FL
I, like so many others, are looking to find a way to to hide the soft keys to create more screen for viewing. There is an app UDN but apparently you need to install Xposed. I'm still learning this stuff but don't know how to install xposed. Already have the file downloaded but don't know where to go from here. Any help would be appreciated. Yes I am rooted. Thanks!

Well your rooted and now and have Xposed installed. I would suggest trying the new Gravitybox release. There are a bunch of options, but I don't think there is anything that will brick your phone. The one thing I noticed is that you should set up your pie menu before you get rid of the soft buttons. I learned that the hard way. It's tough to back up if you have no back button :p

Upvote 0
Well your rooted and now and have Xposed installed. I would suggest trying the new Gravitybox release. There are a bunch of options, but I don't think there is anything that will brick your phone. The one thing I noticed is that you should set up your pie menu before you get rid of the soft buttons. I learned that the hard way. It's tough to back up if you have no back button :p

Are you saying that if you are rooted you automatically have Xposed?? Is it a component of rooting or..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones