• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

teaching other people to view 3d

This image comes from HTC, they mentioned this is the "optimal viewing distance and angles"

S3D-03b.png

http://www.htcdev.com/images/uploads/devcenter/S3D-03b.png

What do you think? Do you feel this is the best angle and distance?

Reactions: marctronixx
Personally, I find tilting the phone slightly back provides better colour clarity than what I get from the position from that graphic. The effect is amazingly cool though. I couldn't keep it up for a full movie, but for photos and short videos it's absolutely awesome, and very much making me want to get the kit for 3D on my home PC.

For some pretty rocking video examples, check out the PC game vids kalhohan posted over on XDA:

Homebrew Youtube 3D videos with 3D vision on a 3VO - xda-developers

Upvote 0
That's generally about the distance I hold my device at when I view 3D content. Not too close, but not too far. And most of the people I demonstrate my phone to often extend their arms away from their body in order to view what's on the screen. And within seconds they claim that it hurts their eyes to view it. Now, I'll just tell them to do as I do... And with any luck, I can recruit new 3DVO users.

Upvote 0
The last thing I like to tell people when they go to view 3D on my phone is that "Hey you're doing it wrong"... If that happens, I find typically that you've already lost them on the technology. People are lazy and they just want to look, and see.

So, what I normally do is say; "Hey, have you seen the 3D feature on my phone? Hold it about a foot away from your face." When I do this they normally go "Wow!" and see it right away.

Reactions: Matlock
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones