Tips teaching other people to view 3d

1. Advertisement
    marctronixx likes this.
  2. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

what do you think? do you have an evo 3D? if so, how does this work for you?
  3. Cavemansol

Cavemansol Well-Known Member

That actually looks pretty accurate. If you go on youtube and look up GoPro3d videos, it seems that the viewing angle is increased over what the native camera on the 3d can produce. I dont know if its just a better depth of field or what...either way their videos are incredible, i recommend the Xgames recap
    marctronixx likes this.
  4. saltorio

saltorio Well-Known Member

Personally, I find tilting the phone slightly back provides better colour clarity than what I get from the position from that graphic. The effect is amazingly cool though. I couldn't keep it up for a full movie, but for photos and short videos it's absolutely awesome, and very much making me want to get the kit for 3D on my home PC.

For some pretty rocking video examples, check out the PC game vids kalhohan posted over on XDA:

Homebrew Youtube 3D videos with 3D vision on a 3VO - xda-developers
  5. ProfeZZor X

ProfeZZor X Well-Known Member

That's generally about the distance I hold my device at when I view 3D content. Not too close, but not too far. And most of the people I demonstrate my phone to often extend their arms away from their body in order to view what's on the screen. And within seconds they claim that it hurts their eyes to view it. Now, I'll just tell them to do as I do... And with any luck, I can recruit new 3DVO users.
  6. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

It seems to be the default reaction to move the phone away when you can't lock on to the 3D image. I tell my friends to hold the phone close to get the best view. Then they see what they're supposed to see. at 8 to 12 inches away, the sweet spot is actually pretty wide.
  7. z50king

z50king Well-Known Member

I have a trick. If you cannot focus on the 3d then focus on the 4 lit buttons on the phone and then look back into the frame. works every time, unless the video was made poorly
    Matlock likes this.
  8. TxFig

TxFig Active Member

I find the best angle to be switching to 2D pictures (I bought the 3D in spite of the gimmick 3d camera, not because of it).
  9. atg284

atg284 Well-Known Member

If it is their first time, I just briefly show people where the viewing angle is for me. They usually pick it up quickly after that :)
  10. ArmageddonX

ArmageddonX Well-Known Member

The last thing I like to tell people when they go to view 3D on my phone is that "Hey you're doing it wrong"... If that happens, I find typically that you've already lost them on the technology. People are lazy and they just want to look, and see.

So, what I normally do is say; "Hey, have you seen the 3D feature on my phone? Hold it about a foot away from your face." When I do this they normally go "Wow!" and see it right away.
    Matlock likes this.