• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Tech Savvy Girl having trouble starting root

myrsfmly

Lurker
Apr 9, 2011
So I consider myself pretty techy, but this is my first droid. Bought the g-tablet and have been waiting for my SD card so I can root this baby.

So have the card, went to get started and can't get past step #1 with clockwork. Went to xdadevelopers link, right clicked, save to desktop, open with winzip, but I'm not getting the files to open that are mentioned in the instructions...also when I try to open to my SD card, nothing, nada, zip......

Help...I gotta get this thing some guts are its going back, I know I can do this, but need a little hand holding if anyone is willing and available.

Please, pretty please!
Rachel

So I consider myself pretty techy, but this is my first droid. Bought the g-tablet and have been waiting for my SD card so I can root this baby.

So have the card, went to get started and can't get past step #1 with clockwork. Went to xdadevelopers link, right clicked, save to desktop, open with winzip, but I'm not getting the files to open that are mentioned in the instructions...also when I try to open to my SD card, nothing, nada, zip......

Help...I gotta get this thing some guts are its going back, I know I can do this, but need a little hand holding if anyone is willing and available.

Please, pretty please!
Rachel

Hi

You don't need a sd card to install clockwork and a custom rom. In fact just remove the sd card until your done with the whole process. I'm not sure which instructions you are following but the thread below shows a simplified way to accomplish what you want to do.

http://androidforums.com/gtablet-al...-install-custom-rom-fix-market-add-flash.html

Post 34 has the files you'll need to install clock work

Upvote 0

Please, pretty please!
Rachel

Hey Rachel,

I think I may be able to help with hand holding help, with a YouTube video, check it out goes through the whole process and it's really simple after you've done it once! Not my video and would use Vegan rom instead of TNT, same process though! Hope this helps! :)

YouTube - Installing Clockworkmod and TnT Lite 4.20 on Viewsonic gTablet

Reactions: OldRoman
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones