Testers Wanted!

Last Updated:

1. TheArchedOne

TheArchedOne New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I've developed an app that displays phone signal strength / network type maps using data from a central 'community' database. By using the app, you contribute data to the community database thus increasing map coverage. The more users, the more data in the database, the wider the area covered and the more useful the app to everyone!
    The app is called TAOST... you can find it on the market and more info at http://thearchedone.com.

The current version is compatible with Android 1.6 and lower. I have a version that I wish to release that should be compatible with more recent versions of the Android OS. I'm looking to recruit a team of volunteers to test the app. I hope to test on a range of different handsets, Android versions, networks and communication technologies to see which combinations work and which don't.

I'd be hugely grateful to any volunteers. If you

Advertisement
  2. OFI

OFI Well-Known Member

Does it report the connection type? i.e. 2G/3G/HSDPA?

3. TheArchedOne

TheArchedOne New Member This Topic's Starter

Yes. It reports network type as well as signal strength. The full list of network types reported (as defined by the Android TelephonyManager) are listed here:

TelephonyManager | Android Developers)

TAO

4. madnlooney

madnlooney Well-Known Member

i use a vodafone sure signal device at home for phone signal so i think if i used this it would say i get full signal in my house but in reality its very poor which is why i use it

5. smooches680

smooches680 Member

Hi there i have a HTC Hero and i am always trying different android applications so if you want me to test something please feel free to email me at: ladyv680@yahoo.com name is Vienessa.:D