• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tetrd stopped working after windows update KB5032189

skeptic23

Lurker
Nov 15, 2023
I've been using Tetrd for about a year and LOVE it! Ramencoder has done an awesome job.

I ran into a wall today, though. Tetrd stopped working after I applied windows update KB5032189 just now.

When I plug in my USB cable, the Tetrd app doesn't show up on the phone so that I can connect like it normally does. Instead Windows Explorer shows shows up on my laptop showing my phone, and then this message appears (I'm guessing from the server).

1700072405193.png

No matter what I do, the server always shows "No devices". I've done the obvious trouble-shooting steps with no luck.

Help! I whittled down my hotspot data to the minimum, I need to stay connected for work, I'll run out soon.

Anyone having the same problem? Any ideas?

Here's are the devices, the app has been working great until now.

Phone: Oneplus 10 Pro 5G
1700072667194.png

Laptop: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. N76VJ 1.0
1700073037400.png

I didn't know that, good call. I didn't have, but now I do, reinstalled both app and server with fresh installs, and it works again. The old versions worked right until I did the Windows update, then wouldn't work afterwards. Some conflict between the old server version and the updated Win sys that wasn't an issue before? Sounds plausible.

Thanks man, I don't care how it works, just that it works.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones